Even though this blog sounds negative I do have a ton of likes and loves.
- Books: I love books! I love the feel and smell of books. Bonus points if it has a leather cover or hardback. I always have a book in front of me. It doesn’t matter which genre, I’ll read it. This is “Nonfiction November” and that’s all I’m reading at the moment.
- Music: I can listen to almost anything. Yes, even the screeching death metal to country. I also listen to Rap, Alternative, Indie, Heavy Metal, Pop, Country, Blues, R&B, Oldies, generational, new wave, new age, or anything else. My late uncle used to pop in classical all the time. I don’t listen to as much classical music as I should but I’ve heard a few tunes. Opera, bluegrass, and gospel aren’t my typical genres. I can listen to Enya, Abba and switch to Ozzy, FFDP, and Avenged Sevenfold. When I’m writing, I normally have some tune playing in the background.
- Movies: I have so many favorite movies. My list is endless. Recently, I watched Warcraft and The Huntsman: Winter’s War. I’m dying to watch Charlie Hunnam’s new movies in the future. They don’t come out until next year. My favorite movie series are: LOTR (Lord of the Ring), Harry Potter, Warcraft now (make another movie), Rocky, Rambo, The Godfather, Die Hard, Friday the 13th, and I’m forgetting others. I love action movies. For comedies: Anything with the late Robin Williams in it. I’m not that big into romance, even though I write Paranormal Romance. How ironic is that?
- Television shows: The current ones I watch are the following: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Outlander, Black Sails, and I probably have forgotten a few. The ones from the past that I’ll still watch today: Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Dukes of Hazzard, I Love Lucy, The Three Stooges, Twilight Zone (old school), Moonlighting, 80’s Transformers, She-Ra, He-Man, 80’s G.I. Joe (not the movies), A-Team (show, not the movies), The Golden Girls, House, and Mork & Mindy. If I really feel nostalgic, I’ll watch Perfect Strangers.
- Favorite food: Steak & Shrimp. I try to eat gluten-free as much as I can. I’ll slip in a chocolate bar every now and then.
- Favorite Drink: Coffee or Water.
- Am I dog person or a cat person? I like both. I have a cat named Zeus and he acts like the king of the house. I also have a Basset Rescue and his name is Lincoln Henry. You won’t get him to run. He makes an excellent throw rug. He’s that lazy but I love him. We also have a gecko named Tanner.
- What do I enjoy? Writing and reading. Writing is my job and entertainment.
- Do I like any sports? Yes! I love football, basketball, hockey, and baseball. We’re trying to get into soccer. It’s a work-in-progress.My favorite teams and nobody will convince me to change my mind are the following: Chicago Bears (NFL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), and Chicago Blackhawks (Hockey). As for NCAA, Kentucky Wildcats all the way. I know it’s unusual. I try to be fair to both my parents. My mom comes from Chicago and my dad is from Kentucky. I’m a mix of both. Bowling, I can achieve a strike or two. Fishing, I have no problems baiting my own hook. And NASCAR: I don’t have a favorite driver anymore. The one I liked, died. Dale Earnhardt Sr. was my favorite driver and still is. I didn’t carry over to his son. I used to like “show” wrestling until Mick Foley retired. I liked him better than the others. He’s still my favorite.
- Do I get into the whole makeup/fashion scene? Nope. I don’t wear makeup or worry about clothes. My daughter on the other hand, she is my opposite. She is only 4 and she will mix & match clothes. I own one purse and I don’t use it. I can’t wear heels because of my feet. I have PsA and it makes wearing heels a nightmare. I prefer tennis shoes, jeans, and a t-shirt. I’m as plain as it gets. I spend money on books, art, and music. I don’t spend money on fashion or makeup. Not to mention, if I don’t wear a certain type of makeup, it will break my face out. I don’t need cosmetic surgery and don’t care to have any. I was made the way I was made. At least that part of me, I can accept.
- How many kids do I have? I have four kids: Zachary (10), Daniel (8), Jasper (7), and Samara (4). Zachary is on the honor roll. Daniel is doing well. Jasper may have dyslexia but he has asthma. We are keeping an eye on him. Daniel has social anxiety. He doesn’t like talking to people or teachers. And we can see the traits of Borderline in him. Only because he screams and these are loud screams, when he doesn’t get his way. Samara is her dad made over. She is confident and she’s talkative. She is also fearless. She would jump on a roller coaster, if I let her. She’s going to be the child that skydive and takes a video of it, to scare the shit out of me. She is the most energetic child and very outspoken. All of them use their manners. They say please and thank you. We don’t spank. We use time-outs. Most of the time, we will talk about what they’ve done wrong, and they will correct their behavior. There won’t be anymore kids coming from me. Samara is the baby.
- How many siblings do I have? From my mom, I’m the youngest of five children. From my dad, I’m third to the youngest of seven children. I have three older brothers and one older sister. I have one younger brother and one younger sister. I don’t say halves or steps in my vocabulary. I’m not close to any of them. If I had it my way, I would have been born the only child. I tolerate my siblings. I do love my niece, Christina. She is the only one with a head on her shoulders. She is my sister’s oldest daughter. Christina had a rough life in the beginning and she almost died when she was four months old. We are extremely close. Not to mention,she is one hell of an artist. She has a daughter, named Elizabeth. I’m cat-sitting for my niece right now. She’s in the process of moving to a house. I won’t talk about Christina much because it’s her story to tell. It is a miracle that she’s still with us.
- Unusual stuff: I do like reading about aliens and the paranormal. I love reading true stories. I feel like the universe contains more than what we know. Some conspiracies I agree with and others, I don’t. I love History and Writing. As for History, I love World History. I can also speak Spanish, some German, and some French. It’s my goal to speak those languages fluently at some point. My niece can speak basic Japanese.
That’s pretty much it. I don’t discuss religion or politics. I’ll try not to do that because it does trigger people. Religion is one of my biggest triggers. And it’s part of my therapy that I’m currently dealing with.